To advocate for social acceptance of the essential fact that there is no reason or evidence that supports the proposition that gods or supernatural phenomena exist.
- To offer the Atheist position as a foundation for a truly free and fulfilling life.
- To advance Atheism as a necessary premise of any social or ethical philosophy which accepts as valid, only propositions verifiable by sound logic and the scientific method, and rejects supernatural or other explanations contingent on non-rational ideologies.
- To educate the general public about Atheist ideas, history, methods, and objectives.
- To defend freedom of thought and expression as well as the complete and absolute separation of state and church as guaranteed in the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
- To vigorously campaign for higher educational standards that fully embrace scientific discipline in acquiring reliable knowledge, and emphasize the development of critical thinking skills in every person.