Candidate First Name Phillip
Candidate Last Name Snyder
Candidate Email Address email@example.com
District ID Florida Senate, District 17
* Are you the candidate? » Yes
* Do you support or oppose Article 1 Section 3 of the Florida Constitution on the separation of religion and government and that taxpayer money should not go to support sectarian institutions?
* Do you support or oppose the right of women to have access to all forms of health care?
»Other I absolutely support the right for all people to have access to affordable healthcare. As it pertains to the right to have abortions, I am pro-life, though I believe this is an issue which should go to the polls and have voters decide.
* Do you support or oppose new laws granting businesses or individuals a license to discriminate against any persons based on personal or religious objections?
»Other I oppose laws granting businesses the right to discriminate against persons based on personal or religious objections, though I am unsure what laws discuss removing individuals’ rights to discriminate or what that would look like.
* Do you support or oppose legislation allowing organizations to refuse adoption services to any individuals/couples based on personal or religious objections?
»Other I oppose organizations refusing adoption services based upon the religious practices or sexual orientation of the couple attempting to adopt a child. However, I understand that adoption agencies, by their nature, need the ability to make choices of discernment and would not support legislation that restricts them entirely.
* Do you support or oppose the teaching of fact based science in public schools?
* Do you support or oppose the use of taxpayer dollars to support private educational institutions?
What does religious freedom mean to you?
To me, religious freedom means that someone has the autonomy to believe and practice their religion without interference, provided it does not cause direct harm to others.