Candidate First Name Barbara
Candidate Last Name Byram
Candidate Email Address email@example.com
District ID House Dist. 22
* Are you the candidate? » Yes
* Do you support or oppose Article 1 Section 3 of the Florida Constitution on the separation of religion and government and that taxpayer money should not go to support sectarian institutions?
* Do you support or oppose the right of women to have access to all forms of health care?
* Do you support or oppose new laws granting businesses or individuals a license to discriminate against any persons based on personal or religious objections?
* Do you support or oppose legislation allowing organizations to refuse adoption services to any individuals/couples based on personal or religious objections?
* Do you support or oppose the teaching of fact based science in public schools?
* Do you support or oppose the use of taxpayer dollars to support private educational institutions?
What does religious freedom mean to you?
Separation of church and state; individual freedom to worship or not, and join or not any church; and freedom from discrimination on the basis of religious belief. It does not mean that ‘fictitious entities’ such as corporations, businesses, or unions can claim religious freedom to justify discrimination. For example, the 2014 SCOTUS decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby was wrong, because it allows Hobby Lobby, a fictitious entity, to discriminate against employees, as if Hobby Lobby were entitled to the individual rights guaranteed by our constitution. I have been a long-time supporter and proponent of Move To Amend’s push for a constitutional amendment stating that corporations are not people and money is not speech. Fictitious entities already enjoy far greater legal privileges than do individuals; they should not be granted any of the liberties for individuals outlined in the constitution.